We are SO thrilled to be undergoing our inaugural session of the Ezra Scholars' Scholarship! This has been a long time in the making and it brings us such joy to be able to give back to our community and realize our mission with Ezra Coffee.
That’s what Ezra Coffee Company strives to do: tell a story in every cup. And that's what our scholarship is enabling us to do: help the next generation of future leaders earn their degrees and tell their stories.
Though we've done our best to make the application process as seamless as possible, there are bound to be questions! And that's okay! This is for YOU, the students, and we want to make sure you have everything you need to succeed.
So, we've compiled an FAQ to help streamline your application process by answering some common questions.
Ezra Scholars' Scholarship FAQ
What are the requirements for this scholarship?
1. Students must demonstrate a need to alleviate outstanding fees and fines that might prevent them from returning to school and/or graduating.
2. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
3. Applicants must be enrolled in a four-year degree program at an accredited institution at the time of submission.
4. The applicant must be a rising sophomore, a rising junior, or a rising senior at the time of submission.
5. Applicants must have completed at least 18 credit hours (part-time) or 24 credit hours (full-time) to be eligible.
6. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 from their accredited institution.
7. The applicant must be a U.S Citizen, a permanent resident, or DACA eligible.
8. Applicants must have a “pay it forward” mindset, a desire to positively impact their community and society at large.
9. Applicants must submit either a written response (500 word maximum) or a 2-minute video outlining their “pay it forward” mindset and contributions to their community.
10. Applicants must submit their unofficial transcript as well as a resume including their academic accomplishments, work history (if applicable), and community service experience.
11. If applicable as an Instagram user, all applicants must have tagged three other people on Ezra Coffee Co’s initial scholarship Instagram post relaying the scholarship announcement and eligibility requirements (posted on 6/19/22) before the scholarship deadline.
Can I send a screenshot of my financial information?
No, all applicants must submit a pdf copy of their outstanding fines/fees designated by their institution’s official seal and/or on their institution’s official letterhead.
Is there a GPA requirement?
Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 from an accredited institution at the time of submission.
If I'm not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, do I have to be DACA eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Yes. If you are not a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or you do not have DACA eligibility, you cannot apply for our award due to immigration eligibility criteria. You will also have to attest that you are a DACA applicant with submission of application.
What happens if I become a permanent resident or gain legal status?
While you are applying to change your immigration status, you are ineligible to submit unless you obtain permanent residency status by the deadline of the application. Once you obtain permanent residency status, you will be eligible for the scholarship and are welcome to apply before the deadline.
If selected, when will I receive my funds?
All selected applicants will receive their individually awarded funds by August 1, 2022.
If selected, what happens after receiving funds?
All applicants selected understand that their image and likeness may be used in video, print, and all other forms of promotional materials.
What is the deadline for the Ezra Scholars’ Scholarship?
The deadline for this session’s scholarship is July 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Only applications that meet all eligibility requirements, are complete with all required materials, and are submitted prior to the aforementioned deadline will be considered for awards.
If you have additional questions or require further clarification about the application process or the Ezra Scholars’ Scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have an exciting opportunity for our community to engage with Ezra's CEO & Founder, Jessica Taylor, and Ezra's Scholarship Coordinator, Philip Gibert!
This Thursday, 6/30, at 6 pm CST, join Jessica and Philip on an IG LIVE for an Ezra Scholars' Scholarship Q&A!
Head over to Ezra's IG page for the live where they will answer any and all questions you might have about the scholarship, eligibility, resources, etc.